Retail foundation & SOA drives a smarter shopping experience
- Retail Customer is a leading Australian fashion house specializing in female & junior ranges.Following the successful growth in Australia, Retail Customer is expanding aggressively in UK, Asia & e-Commerce channels.
- Retail Customer went through a major digital transformation initiative, which involved leveraging Service Oriented Architecture to consolidate data from various systems to build the foundation for future application.
- This will allow Retail Customer to improve sales, increase margins and align with its global expansion strategy as it provides a single source of the data, which is always current.
Complete view of the customer
- Retail Customer implicitly understood that to successfully implement the kind of customer centricity envisioned, a comprehensive customer data strategy was a pre-requisite and developing one would not be easy.
- Its first order of business was to consolidate the data repositories duplicated in multiple business applications. Realizing the importance of this foundation work to its long-term customer data strategy, Retail Customer turned to service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Retail Customer engaged Nexright as their MuleSoft partner to implement a retail service bus leveraging SOA principles to allow a dynamic, data driven and integrated e-Commerce solution.
- MuleSoft ESB was the solution of choice because it has an extensive list of out of the box connectors and data mapper components which can be used to quickly and easily integrate On-Premise and SaaS applications reliably and securely.
- With the first stage of its transformation virtually complete, Retail Customer has already started working toward putting in place the architectural elements it needs for its most fundamental capability: a 360-degree viewâ€ of its customers, product, inventory, pricing, voucher and promotions to support a strategy of multi-channel integration.
- This will mark an important milestone in Retail Customer journey and will allow Retail Customer to operationalize it in a way that personalizes and enriches the customer experience.
- This is also expected increase in sales and revenue per customer due to closer engagement, stronger retention and targeted promotions and strengthened the brand via a more consistent and integrated cross channel customer experience and connected marketing.
- With the ability to use real-time site information including inventory and sales information enabled the company to develop more targetedâ€”and ultimately more profitable pricing and promotional programs. This also improved decision making via the seamless integration of consistent, high-quality data from across the enterprise.
- With complete visibility into customers purchased products and channel partner relationships to drive more personalized marketing campaigns and improve cross-sell and up-sell, available-to promise across channels.
- Information silo and lack of visibility
- Process inefficiency & higher operational overhead
- Speed to market
- Expected increase in sales and revenue per customer due to closer engagement, stronger retention and targeted promotions.
- Strengthening of brand via a more consistent and integrated cross channel customer experience and connected marketing.