Conversational Commerce: largely pertains to utilising chat, messaging, or other natural language interfaces (i.e. voice) to interact with people, brands, or services and bots that therefore have had no real place in the bidirectional, asynchronous messaging context.
Ever wondered how you decide to buy a car. Buying a car, whether it’s a first-time purchase or not, can seem like a daunting task. The most important thing to know before you buy a car is that knowledge is power. There is certainly a lot of information you need to understand before you run off to your local dealership. For example,
Conversational Commerce guide customers in the complex car selection process and enable an existing product search or e-commerce by chat bot interface. This can save the customers from the usual online shopping experience of scrolling through pages and pages of car models — the solution can understand the personality of the user and combine that with any customer preferential information if already known.
There are five distinct steps in the customer purchase journey:
- Need recognition (Awareness): The first and most important stage of the car buying process.
- Search for existing information: During this stage, customers want to find out their options. This is not a replacement for existing search rather finding specific deals or products based on need analysis.
- Evaluation of alternatives (Consideration): This is the stage when a customer is comparing options to make the best choice. For example, validation in each step to ensure the customer selection criteria is met.
- Purchasing decision (Conversion): During this stage, buying behaviour turns into action – it’s time for the consumer to buy! For example, Add to shopping cart, involve a Human sales agent for sales closure.
- Post-purchase evaluation (Re-purchase): After making a purchase, consumers consider whether it was worth it, whether they will recommend the product/service/brand to others, and what feedback they would give. For example, integrate with a share or feedback option.