Pleasing customers and enhancing their interactions with any company all comes down to managing the customer experience. Most large companies have a goal that focuses on how to enhance customer experience, yet their efforts fall short for a variety of reasons. One of those reasons is the fact that there simply isn’t enough manpower or time in the workday to follow up with customers who’ve purchased or shown interest in your products or services.
Complex customer journey
How consumers access information has changed forever. How consumers assess the merit of product solutions is rapidly changing. How they access, consider, and utilise advice is already a blend of technology-based solutions and human interaction.
For example, below infograph highlights just how complex the purchase of insurance has become, and an insurance purchase is arguably one of the more sophisticated and difficult financial products to try and purchase.
Customer Experience Design is the first step
- Identify touch points & channels of interaction
- Understand the context of each interaction across channels & design the customer experience journey
- Create a holistic view into the customer journey, with process refinement/automation and actionable intelligence
- Make the customer engagement personalized, proactive and effortless
How optimized processes automation will improve customer experience
Below are some of the key process automation areas (internal/external), altogether can enhance customer experience if designed and implemented correctly.
- Marketing Automation & User experience design (Seamless digital experience for mobile and front end applications, Integration with marketing automation and CRM)
- Sales Automation (Automation of sales related processes including quote to cash, single customer view, integration with ERP/CRM to be able to generate order)
- Service Automation (Better visibility of the customer, alignment with product management and integration with customer/product support solution)
- Finance Automation (Order generation, fulfillment, renewals, incoice & payment synchronization, essentially integration with finance packages)